Throughout Rick’s career he has been fortunate to pursue his ambitions in both the fine arts and creative corporate management. Awarded a scholarship to the Columbus College of Art & Design, he also studied at Ohio State, Chicago Art Institute, and Kansas City Art Institute.
A few of the companies where he worked in executive roles include 3M, Helene Curtis, Hallmark Cards, and Crayola Brand Company. By day he led creative teams to produce great work and by night he traded his desk for an easel and painted.
After owning and operating an international art licensing firm for many years, he decided to focus solely on painting. Now based in Saint Petersburg, Florida, he shows his work by appointment and at selected galleries. In his spare time he volunteers at The Dali Museum, home to an unparalleled collection of works by one of his favorite artists, Salvador Dali.
Travels both near and far inspire Rick’s art. Keeping an observant eye on picturesque scenes, interesting things, and the many captivating personas he meets along the way, Rick’s joie de vivre inevitably shows through his brush.
- Proviso Illinois Art Festival, Best of Show
- Crown Center Art Fair, Kansas City, 1st Prize Painting
- Florida International Society of Acrylic Painters, Painting Award
- Art Product Show, Mumbai India
- Augustine Ludovico Academy of Arts, St. Petersburg, FL
- Birmingham Spring Show, Birmingham, England
- The Dali Museum, St. Petersburg, FL
- Highland Park Art Fair, Chicago, IL
- Keep Saint Pete Weird, Saint Petersburg, FL
- Messe Show, Frankfurt, Germany
- Morean Arts Center, St. Petersburg, FL
- National 2D Exhibit, Cape Fear Studios, Fayetteville, SC
- Old Town Art Fair, Chicago, IL
- Park Ridge Art Fair, Chicago, IL
- Plaza Art Fair, Kansas City, MO
- Salt Creek Art Works, St. Petersburg, FL
- TESA at Ruth Eckard Hall, Clearwater, FL
- Woodfield Fine Art Gallery, St. Petersburg, FL